What are you waiting for?

     Starting something new can be extremely intimidating. If you are reading here I wonder where your previous internet stops were. Did you come across highly motivational pages that were able to explain all the things you want to try in an easy to understand way. Or perhaps you've just wander through some of the most beautiful posts on simple living that seem perfect, wonderful, and  unattainable. Hopefully you have seen a variety and are taking chances on creating the life of your dreams but if you're not this post is for you. 


    I love to share the pretty pictures. In the cooking world they say you eat with your eyes first but there has to be similar term for looking at photos right? We as humans like pretty things, we like things that we don't have, things just out of reach. When I have a rough day at work I love looking a pictures of the beach, or fields of flowers. I wished I had these view right out my window somedays. Other days I look around me and I find all the inspiration I need like the sunlight shining just right over my garden or a waterfall on a hike with my family. I wish I could find pile of laundry inspiring or burned dinner shareable. Do you think a reel of me sweeping and mopping my muddy floors again would be a hit? It's kind of funny how the stories are in the mundane, the messy, and the mediocre yet that is hardly what we photograph. It is kind of leading to this idea that we don't fail or have many of the same human characteristics. I know I am guilty of not showing these moments although now I will make more of an effort to.     

    Starting right here right now... 

    I have been gardening for over 10 years and I have had some pretty successful years. I have also made some dreadful mistakes heck even today I had to restart some seeds because my seedling grew so tall they fell over and died. The dramatic little things. 




    The crunchy, hippy in me had tried making laundry soap several years back and I swore it was the best thing ever until I realized when my kids were standing next to other kids that all our whites were graying. Apparently that recipe needed tweaking. Now I just buy detergent because there are only so many hours in a day. 

    And don't get me started on learning to bake bread. We have had tons of croutons over the years thanks to this, "really fun, really easy new bread recipe that I'm going to try". 

It took years to get this kind of loaf. Honestly the outside was a little over done and the inside was a bit doughy from being undercooked. ???? But I sure did look pretty. 

    What was the last chance you took towards creating a simple life? Did it work out or end in utter failure? If you can't recall the lat time you tried something new may it's time. What are you waiting for? It might all work out or you are going to get a really good story and learn a lesson. 

    BTW, croutons go great on salad and spring is salad season so... 

    

Comments

Popular Posts