Liebster Award Nomination


I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. What is that? It is a shout out/meet and greet for bloggers. It is a great way to find new blogs and learn a little more about some of your favorites. I have never participated in one of these before so it has been exciting to compile my post. 

Thank you so very much to Taylor Made Ranch for nominating me.


The Liebster Award is simple:
  1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
  2. Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
  3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
  4.  Nominate eleven blogs that you think are deserving of the award (that have less than 200 followers)
  5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
  6. Give them eleven questions to answer.

11 Questions that were given to me

  1. Chili:  Beans or no beans? Definitely with beans.
  2. What’s your favorite quick dish to cook when it’s suppertime & nothing’s been planned? Salad and grilled cheese sandwiches
  3. Who gave you the biggest push to begin your blog? I guess myself. I felt like a black sheep in our neighborhood and I wanted a place to share all the thoughts that were going through my head and maybe meet others who felt like me. I was also feeling like I could not always see the changes that I was trying to make happening and blog allows me to gauge how far we as a family have come. 
  4. What’s you favorite leisure activity? Reading 
  5. What’s the favorite post that you’ve written?  (be sure to include a link!) Lessons From the Week
  6. What feature do you most admire in others? Honesty is very admirable. I like knowing where i stand with people. 
  7. What was the best gift you ever received? An empty box with a beautiful gift wrapping and a tag that reads: 
    This is a very special gift,
    That you will never see,
    The reason it’s so special is
    It’s just for you from me.
    Whenever you are lonely,
    Or even feeling blue,
    You only have to hold this gift
    And know I think of you.
    You can never unwrap it,
    Please leave the ribbon tied,
    Just hold the box close to you heart
    It’s filled with love inside.
  8. If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be and why? Healing. As a mom sometimes I just wish I could make my kids feel better immediately. Bumps and bruises are necessary but anything more serious like flu, stomach flu, asthma I wish I could make disappear. Also, as a nurse I see some people in such great suffering and while I can sometimes take away a symptom the underlying cause will never go away. 
  9. When you were in grade school, what did you want to be when you grew up? A pilot for the Blue Angels or a writer, 
  10. What is your favorite charity? I don't have a specific organization that I favor. I really am more of the one on one charity kind of person. Some times we come across people at their time of need and we happen to have just the thing they need. The trick is keeping your eyes open enough to see the opportunity before you miss it. 
  11. Do you have any tips for someone new to blogging? Always remain true to yourself. Your readers will get to know you and when you start changing the tone of your blog  to be more mainstream, or to make money they will notice. 
11 Random Facts about me 

1. I am left handed but only when I write or use a fork any other time I am right handed. I would say ambidextrous but I think confused is more like it. 
2. For a brief period in my life I was a firefighter. Then the kids came and so went any ability to jump up and help others at anytime of the day or night. I miss it greatly. 
3. I have a scar under my left eye where I was hit by a hockey puck that split open my face. 
4. I am named after Princess Diana
5. I like dance parties in the living room, they  make life exciting. 
6. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE bad jokes and puns. My all time favorite is: Why is there always a fence around the graveyard? Because people are just dying to get in there. My oldest tells me this joke anytime I am in bad mood because I can't help but giggle.
7. I love to travel. Near or far it doesn't matter. I have a restlessness about me that just calls me see and experience new things in new areas. 
8. I caught a tuna that weighed close to a hundred pounds all alone while the mate of the boat help some guy aka my cousin pull in a fish that weighed half as much. I enjoyed every single bite of that fish for months on end. 
9.I am an only child. 
10. I take a nap almost everyday even if it is only for 5 minutes. 


My Liebster Award Nominees

 Below are my nominees. I was asked to select blogs that have less than 200 followers. I have a wide array of blogs that I read and I have nominated some of my favorites so please pay them a visit. In no particular order:

Ivy Nest
The Chicken Mama
Suburban Homesteading
Our Simple Life SC
Chickadee Homestead
Katie's Farm
The (mis)Adventures of a Born Again Farm Girl
Linn Acres
Stilettos to Cowboy Boots
Homestead in Africa
Gray's Farms

11 Questions for those I have nominated to answer.

1. Coffee, tea or other in the morning?
2. Who inspires you?
3. What is your favorite part of the day?
4. What do you look for in a friend?
5. What did you eat for breakfast?
6. What was the last book you read?
7. Least favorite chore?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. My passion in one word is...
10. What is one thing you cannot live without?
11. Did you tell someone you love them today?

That wasn't too hard. Thanks for stopping by I hope you learned something new and now have some awesome blogs to explore. 

Comments

  1. Love this post! You did such a great job on your Liebster award post and the 11 random facts are so fascinating. The power to heal - LOVE that! Looks like some great blogs you've nominated - I'm off to check them out!

    ~Taylor-Made Ranch~
    Wolfe City, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination!! I'll be working on posting it to our page soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination!! This sounds like so much fun and a great way to seek out new blogs. I'm going to work on this during the week.
    So glad I found your blog too- we have a lot in common and I love your posts :)
    Have a great week!
    Katie @ Katie's Farm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts