How to Get Started Living Simply


    Are you ready to start a revolution? Take back control of your life? Be less beholden to or dependent on others? All revolutions start with the tiniest step and looking back one of the most obvious steps. If you are wanting a more simple life I am going to tell you from all my years of experience the best (in my opinion) first steps. 



    One of the most impactful things you can do is get in the kitchen. Food has the power to bring people together, to show others you love them, to improve your health, and support your local community. Taking control of your food makes you and active participant in your own life. American's spend over $1,000 every year at coffee shops, creating dependence on them. However making coffee at home is easier than ever and with a variety of different coffee pot options on the market you can make a whole pot or just a cup. I like to set a timer at night and wake up to a fresh brewed cup while I get ready for work. I get to make it just the way I like, save money, and be in control of where I source my ingredients. I love taking my magic bean juice with me when I leave for the day its like taking a bit of home with me. Is this something you could start doing? If you can do this with coffee imagine how great it would feel to start making your own meals at home a couple of nights a week or pack your own lunch everyday. Not only are you saving money but you are playing an active role in creating the food you will consume. 



    The next tip is to start cultivating your own food, yes grow your own food. If you have never done this before you are going to be amazed at how much love and care goes into growing food. Now, I'm not suggesting you dig up half your yard and plant seeds of every variety, however if your at that point go for it! If you are just getting started plant an herb garden in your kitchen using a growing station or on your window sill. Having fresh herbs on hand will give you the chance to experience growing with quick plants that are easy to use in your everyday cooking. This small step will help you gain confidence and experience in gardening and may inspire you to move on the vegetables or fruits in the future. 

    So there you have it, if you want to change your world and start living a more simple life grow something and get in the kitchen. Remember small changes over time add up when you get comfortable with one step it is easy to add on layers and before you know it you will be well on your simple life journey. 

"Revolution begins in the kitchen.“ —  Helen Garner


Comments

Popular Posts