Sunday Share 6/5/22- Dehydrating food, seed packets, garden by the moon

     


    Good morning! I took last week off from sharing to spend Memorial Day weekend with family. Plus quiet time online felt right. I would really like to get into sharing more of my own content this month so stay tuned for that! This weekend the weather has been warm, sunny and seasonally appropriate. School is almost out for the year and you can almost feel the excitement bubbling in the kids. 

    I have three articles to share that I am really into right now. The first is a gardening moon/zodiac calendar. Over the years I have heard about planting seeds by the constellations or zodiac to get greater germination and healthier plants. I finally decided to look it up and see what the recommendations are and it is pretty interesting. One thing I have found is that it never lines up with the days I want to do things. This spring the day I wanted to plant carrots was not a good day to plant carrots but I did it anyway because it was then or never. We will see if I actually have a good carrot harvest this year or not, ha! Anyway, here is the link to check it out for yourself.

Garden Moon/Zodiac

    Next up I keep seeing people using their freeze driers and man, it looks pretty cool but it is a huge investment and process to learn. I felt that FOMO of watching people get the newest, coolest toys and then I took at my dehydrator and started using it again. The dehydrator might be one of my most favorite food preservation methods! I found an article that shares the basics better than I ever could. 

Dehydrating Food

Last, the garden is starting to take off! We grow a lot of heirloom varieties and have done some seed saving in the past. I usually tuck my seeds in a mailing envelope and have them spill out all over the place or use a ziplock bag that just does not look cute. I found this cute little seed packet printable that I think I will use this year. Have you saved seeds before? If not maybe this is the year you start and here is the packet:

Seed Packet Printable

Comments

Popular Posts