No Birds Allowed


  

   I have no idea where I saw it. I am 90% sure it was somewhere on Facebook where there was an article about painting rocks to look like strawberries. The whole idea is to add them to your strawberry bed to trick the birds and after a bit the birds will get tired of pecking at rock and leave your berries alone. I am always up for a craft project and I needed an outdoor messy activity for the kids on a camping trip so we tackled this project. I did just plain pink/red rocks while my youngest really added in details. 



    The other day I set them out in the strawberry patch along with the beautiful 'No birds' sign she made. I have to admit I was feeling pretty confident. These fake berries almost looked like the real thing from far enough away. These birds were never going to stand a chance, but the dog, she didn't fall for it. She only ate the real berries. 😲




Comments

Popular Posts