Sunday Share 6/19/2022 Strawberry, Strawberry, Strawberry

   


 Today was a gorgeous day! Temps dipped down to the 70's with a wonderful breeze after several 90 degree days. We hosted family for a Father's Day gathering and enjoyed the entire afternoon outside. For some reason the focus of my share this week is food (strawberries in particular) and I will be sharing three great recipes. 

    I tried making fruit leather for the first time this week. The first batch (berry flavored) was an epic mess but tasted delicious, the second batch (strawberry banana) was much better texture wise. I have had the dehydrator running many days this week and I am really enjoying making fruit leather. Here's the recipe I used if you are interested: 

Strawberry Banana Fruit Leather

    Several summers ago I read a recipe for lemonade that included basil. Okay, it was a cocktail with lemonade, vodka, and basil but it is delicious. I started just making lemonade with basil without the alcohol to enjoy on hot summer days and it remains as one of my favorites, in fact I made one today.  I recently found a strawberry-basil lemonade recipe that I am wanting to try but I will share with you first. Again this recipe contains alcohol but I will make the mocktail version. 

Strawberry Basil Bourbon Lemonade

    This last recipe is not healthy but man is it nostalgic. I remember eating it at many of my childhood 4th of July bbq's. It is the jello poke cake! I thought everyone knew about this recipe but apparently not so and since I made one today, it is on my mind and I need you to know about this cake. 

Jello Poke Cake

    I hope you had a great Sunday and have a wonderful week! As always feel free to leave a comment if you try any of these recipes or having something wonderful to say. 

Comments

Popular Posts