Sunday Share 6/12/22 Food security, Bourdain, & Reading


   

 Eek, another rainy weekend is upon us only this one came by complete surprise. The weather forecast was clear until last minute but we are making the most of it anyway. We had friends over for dinner last night and I made excessive amounts of food. Something about a cool, rainy day made me want baked ziti, meatballs, and garlic bread so I made a big tray of it. Earlier in the week I was talking to my mom on the phone and she mentioned making banana pudding. Of course that made me crave it all week so I made some of that yesterday too. It was wonderful to sit around the table with friends sharing a homemade meal and company for hours. 

    Dinner time conversation covered many topic but one of them was the ever increasing price of groceries. We shared different ways we are all trying to decrease our food budget and increase food independence. We all garden, can, dehydrate, and pickle with varying degrees of success. I feel like there is always more to learn and we usually do it the hard way. In reference to our dinner time conversation I am going to share this article about food security. 

Food Security

    With all this rainy weather I will be spending most of today inside doing house work. I might even watch some tv, namely the Anthony Bourdain show on HBO max. I reread on the article that came out in 1999 that help launch him into becoming famous and thought its a good read for a Sunday, enjoy. 

Bourdain Article

    Last up, I am officially on summer break from school and I am going to try to read a lot more as I know I have shared before. If reading is your thing here is a list of summer reads for 2022. 

Summer Reads

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! 

Comments

Popular Posts