No Added Sugar Diet Day One

Breakfast
Day one we started the morning out by having yogurt for breakfast. I wish I could say it was sugar-free but it was not, the kids had the leftover yogurt from the refrigerator. For my breakfast I made a concoction of oatmeal mixed with coconut milk and sliced bananas. Hubby had his usual banana and two oranges.

Lunch
For the oldest child's lunch we packed up tuna and a container with sides of strawberry, banana and water to drink. Oh, and pistachios how could I forget those. The boy and I had tuna for lunch with sides of grapes and cheese. The man of the house had a salad topped with chicken and home made balsamic vinaigrette.


Snacks
After school snack was quite an adventure we had strawberries, cheese, pepperoni and blueberries. One child particularly enjoyed the mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, while the other enjoyed extra sharp cheddar cheese. It was also really funny to noticed that my boy he really, really enjoyed the taste of fresh blueberries.

Dinner
Dinner on the first night was pretty simple we had sausage with peppers and onions cooked on the grill because of the nice spring weather. Served with a side of whole grain brown rice. Drinks consisted of water sparkling, water and milk. We did partake in some dessert. The little boy really wanted some extra grapes so he had grapes and my daughter wanted strawberries again so she had more of those. My husband and I chowed down on some honeydew while we prepped breakfast for the coming days.

After completing one whole day I have to say the preparing breakfast is the most difficult. Our usual go to breakfast such as granola, yogurt and things like that are no longer on what we're aiming to feed our children. So now I'm trying to find new recipes to use that don't require cooking because of busy mornings and having to get to school.

My husband found himself fight many cravings during the day due to the office environment he works in and the accessibility of candy.

Previous Posts
We have lost our minds
Getting Ready

Comments

Popular Posts