Primavera


The oldest child came down with a stomach virus at the end of last week. Thankfully she felt better after about 12 hours of being sick but come dinner time her stomach still was not completely settled and at the same time she was hungry. For dinner she requested noodles with butter. It was a good idea for her to stick with something bland but I also have three other people in the house who were feeling great  that I had to feed so I wanted to maximize my time and effort in the kitchen. So I decided in the spirit of spring, dinner would be Pasta Primavera.

Pasta Primavera in basically any kind of pasta served with sautéed spring vegetables. Here is how I did it:

Steamed Asparagus.


Roasted red pepper.

 Sautéed carrots, onions, and snow peas with a splash of white wine for the extra, extra.


All the vegetables added to ravioli with a little butter and parmesan cheese.

The sick child had her bland meal while the rest of us dined in style. Win-Win. 


Comments

Popular Posts