Sunday Share 3/5/23 Focaccia, Cookies, & Spring


 

Today was a glorious day that feel almost like spring and I was super motivated. I spent most of the day in the kitchen and the garden just meandering through chores with no specific to-do list in mind. I tried a new recipe when my dough for a sourdough loaf seemed to fall flat, ta-da focaccia! However if you want to try intentionally making sourdough focaccia I found this recipe that is pretty similar to what I did without the hassle of aiming for making a loaf of bread and failing. 

Sourdough Focaccia

Since I had my sourdough starter recently fed and happy I had a bit of discard to use up so I decided to try sourdough chocolate chip cookies. For almost 5 years now, since we moved into this house, I have not been able to get a single chocolate chip cookie to turnout right. Since my earlier bread escapade from above I figured why not risk it all today. Well, I have news for you the cookies were amazing! They rose beautiful in the oven rather than melting in the usual puddle and they were soft and gooey, everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. I got my recipe from a cookbook however a quick google search led me to another favorite blogger that has a similar looking recipe available on her page. 

Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies

All this fresh air today has me ready for spring. I even got the large garden bed all cleared out but I expect spring to drag its feet a bit since it has been so mild this winter. I usually like to review the farmers almanac each spring and now that so much of it is online I spent far more time than necessary getting lost down the rabbit hole. I started in weather then moved to astrology and then checked out some gardening. I got hung up on the weather for a bit and wanted to know how accurate the predictions have been and guess what? They have a page for that as well! Let me share the site with you now before I lose all sense of time. 

Farmers Almanac

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have an amazing week! 

Comments

Popular Posts