The In-between

    Here we are in the period between Christmas and New Years. That period of time where time itself does not even seem to matter, the house is a mess, and the kids are still coming down off of all the sugar consumed over the days. I am torn between wanting to remove all remnants of Christmas and clutter and wanting to continue to bask in the the glow of the Christmas lights until the end of time. We are hung in this cloud of fog after the month long anticipation and feel the beginning of yearning for all the new possibilities that a new year promises.


The After Christmas Fog

    I enjoy watching the kids have unrushed time with their new toys. They have a chance to be creative and explore new ways to play. It is nice to not have to leave the house for any particular reason for this stretch of time. I am so grateful for that because for years I have worked the holiday. I take stock of the toys, clothes, and other gifts and slowly start finding space for them among our usual things. A quick inventory of life if you will. Thinking ahead to the me I want to be in the new year and the hope and dreams I have for this little family of mine. I will slowly emerge from the pensive restful phase and begin to clear, tidy, and integrate. 

    One of my focuses for 2022 will be building my creative skills more so my Pinterest page is filling up with projects to try. I want to create more with the kids so I picked out a few projects to make with them during this time together to start creating a habit that we can carry into the new year. 


Sequins and glue and felt, oh my!

    The more I sit here and write the more I am discovering that this week is a time for dreaming, at least for me. which is especially exhilarating since I have the week off and the ability to dream and then immediately jump into action. If I want to make a craft with my kids I just close this laptop, find a kid, and get crafting, easy. 


The Finished Products

    Again,  having the whole week off is new to me and realize to is not the same for many. Also, before I sign off here today I feel like it should be noted that when you look at socials or even read blogs like this one don't think we have the perfect life. There are sad days, illness, loneliness, missing, anger, and a million other negative examples that we all experience, especially around holidays and the quiet moments after. So I will leave you with this: May peace find you wherever you are, whenever you need it the most. 


Comments

Popular Posts