The Best Crusty Homemade Bread

    So 2020 was the year that everyone baked bread. Well I have tried making bread for years and never found one that I like so I avoided to whole stay home and bake bread trend. However, 2021 is apparently my bake bread year and nothing like fitting it in at the last minute. 

    This past Sunday, right after the floors and kitchen were cleaned, I decided to try my hand at bread again. Back in 2019 I purchased a dutch oven from Aldi with the intent to try a dutch oven bread and well it was time to give it a try. I scoured the internet looking for a recipe. Sour dough has become insanely popular lately, who knew. The whole idea of sour dough sounds overwhelming to me, so todays plan was stick to good old white bread. 

    In the past I have tried sandwich loaves. They were a little to solid for sandwiches but perfect for slicing and eating. I really wanted to try my hand at a crusty, rustic type bread. Armed with my brand new internet found recipe I tackled this project. 

    The recipe was really simple to follow by watching the video. I made sure to weigh my ingredients (look at me being all precise like) and following the instruction exactly. The bread came together in roughly 3 hours. I rushed a bit because dinner was done and I needed the bread out before dinner got cold. If I had waited another 5 minutes this loaf would have been 10 stars, even slightly under baked it was solid 9 stars. 

I definitely recommend this bread to anyone whole wants the perfect homemade artisan loaf. 

Comments

Popular Posts