Fun Farmhouse Centerpiece In 5 easy Steps



I love having a new place to decorate! My mind is always spinning with new ways to use the things we have, I see everything we own with fresh eyes. I also must say having more space allows me to use things that we did not have room to use in the last house. Our new dining room has room for us to actually walk around our dining room table so now we can see it from every angle. It is also visible from the living room and the kitchen rather than closed off from the whole house like our last dining room was. A centerpiece was never really practical before but now I feel like the big open table makes the room feel empty and cold and I really want in to feel warm and inviting. I want people to want to sit around the table when they walk in the room. Back before we moved I noticed my neighbor was throwing away a very rough hand made wooden tool box. I feel in love with it instantly and walk on over an plucked it from the spot next to the trash can. For months that tool box has been begging for me to put it to use and I have had many ideas for it. Each time I figured out how to use it I would get to the store to get what I would need to bring my idea to life but the cost deterred me every time. I was not willing to shell out $50 to make my pinterest dream a reality. I went back to the drawing board a few times before I finally came up with the perfect, budget friendly use for the tool box. I coordinated my timing with a sale at Michaels Craft Store. So here is how I made this fun project:



1). Fun, handmade wooden tool box
2). 3 glass mason jars.
4). 3 bouquets of artificial flowers. 
5). One 2x4 remnant under the jars to bring them to the perfect height.  

Months of planning and this project came together in minutes. Total cost $15. The flowers retail at $10 a piece but I got them when they were 50% off. I had the jars, toolbox, and 2x4 already. 
My table looks exactly has I envisioned it would and I had fun bringing in to life with the help of my oldest daughter.  I can change out the flowers with the seasons or even use real flower from the farmers market to change up the look. I am going to have so much fun with this over the year!


Shared on The Dishing and Digging It Blog Hop

Comments

Popular Posts