Best Laid Plans

This year we tried something new with the garden and started just about everything with seeds. Everything except the cucumbers, we took the safe route and bought cucumber plants. Now here it is July and the garden is finally starting to flourish. The cucumbers though are having some trouble. I think they have a mildew. From what I could find it looks like we are dealing with powdery mildew, something we should have been trying to prevent but now we are stuck with trying to treat it. It appears that we are going to lose the plant.


Thankfully I was able to get a few cucumbers off of the plant before this showed up. I really hope the plant makes it. The kids are so excited about cucumbers each summer. This is one of the challenges of gardening and I am sure this is only the beginning but wish that this is as bad as it gets.

Comments

Popular Posts