Sunday Share 5/22/22 Campfire, Liriope, and Helichrysum


  

  Whew! It was a hot weekend around here! Temperatures were in the 90's all weekend with bookend thunderstorms, one on Friday afternoon and one this evening. With the unofficial beginning of summer coming next weekend and the first seasonal use of our backyard fire pit, fire are on my mind. I struggled to get our fire started last night because everything was soak from the rain the day before. I wondered if my typical tepee method was really the best method so today I decide to look up different ways of building campfires. I ams sharing what I found with you. 

The Perfect Campfire

    I have this beautiful ground cover bush that over the past couple of years started look less then stellar. I had no idea what the plant was but when I stumbles across one at the nursery I was finally able to research it. It turns our the plant is a silvery liriope and it has a fungus. So I spent part of the morning before it got too hot out cutting all three of the plants back as far as I could. I hope it works because if not I will have to try other methods and maybe even remove the whole plants. 

All About Liriope

    All the outdoor time we'e been having has lead to falls, bumps, and such. I have been reaching for one essential oils several times a day all weekend long. I love that it comes in a ready to use roller and it quickly to working to prevent marks and discomfort. It is the Helichrysum oil. Read more about it here: 

Helichrysum oil

Purchase oil here:

Helichrysum oil

    I am looking forward to this short week. The weather is supposed to be more mild over the next few days but this brief heat has me excited for the rest of summer. I hope you have a great week! 


Comments

Popular Posts