Sunday Share 4/3/22 Radishes, TV, & Hawk Moutain


   

  Well this is more like the Sunday evening night cap rather than the Sunday morning share. We are coming off of a very busy weekend around here filled with gymnastics competitions, birthday parties, and a BINGO fundraiser. This mornings Sunday morning routine was a bit rushed so I am just now sitting down with a cup of tea. 

    It is almost time for us to start direct sowing some of our cold tolerant vegetables and one of the first vegetables to be ready in my area is radishes. I really dislike radishes. I recently read that you can cook a radish and it becomes milder. Who knew? I am going to grow a few extras and try to roast them. Here is a recipe that looks promising. 

Roasted Radishes

    I keep trying to read more articles but I am finding it difficult to do while watching tv. My husband and I tend to watch a show together on Sunday nights. We just finished Ozark and decided to start Station 11 on HBO. Very weird, very different, not sure what to think yet but totally distracted by it at the moment. Here's what its about in case you are curious. 

Station 11

    The hawks have been busy in our area all winter long. There are two in our neighborhood and they have been even more visible and active in the last two weeks. Hawk mountain is a sanctuary in Pennsylvania that offers view of hawks and other birds as they migrate through the area. Each year they report over 1,000 hawks sightings, this year they have only 9 but the count just started. I've shared a bird resource two weeks in a row now, thank for bearing with me. 

Hawks at Hawk Mountain

It is late and I am deliriously tired. Thanks for reading along and as always feel free to leave a comment. I hope you have a great week. 

Comments

Popular Posts