Woodworking

   


    Fun fact, my professional role is as a nurse. 2020 was especially hard for nurses around the country. I found myself working both in the hospital and in a school while trying to complete my Masters degree. It was a stressful year to say the least and most of my habits fell by the way side due to inability to maintain them. I was in desperate need of a creative outlet that was new and different for me. I started toying with making this out of scrap wood that I had around the house. I gathered little hand tools to work with because power tools intimidated me. Over time I learned to use a few power tools and started to create small scale projects. 

    My skills are still new and I will describe my work as rustic. I build projects out of passion and only make things that I am truly curious about how to do it. I mess up and I get frustrated but for some reason I stick with it. I have shelves of projects that I don't need to keep. I have always wanted to open a shop, like a real in-person shop but I am not quite ready for that yet. I decided to open an Etsy shop instead. I was terrified to open and even now I am nervous to have my work visible to others but it is also kind of exciting. I feel the challenge to try new things and perfect my skills. I keep adding different power tools to my collection and techniques to my repertoire. Best of all I am enjoying this creative process. 



Comments

Popular Posts