Ramblings

     It has certainly been awhile! I keep toying with the idea of bringing this blog back. Life is so very different from when I first started it. The kids are older and life has busier feel. Some of the things that I enjoyed trying years ago have fallen by the wayside as I have needed to lean on more convenient options rather than slow paced options. I still enjoy learning new skills, seasonal living, flowers, nature, and cooking. Perhaps it is age (ugh, I'm still too young how dare I write that). The learned experience. The realization that the time with my family all living under one roof will be coming to an end eventually (we have years to go but still!) and this deadline seems to creep up faster than I ever imagined. 

    Perhaps it is also the nature of blogging as well. The need to constantly create to keep up. Trying and retrying to top my last successful post to get as many views as so and so. The truth, I have a favorite cookie recipe. Sure I'll try a new one every once in a while. I could also tinker with the recipe repeatedly to perfect it. But let me tell you, on a cold winters day when one of the kids has a bad day or when we are celebrating a simple Sunday at home, they are not looking for the best cookie of their life. The want something familiar. "Just like grandma used to make". It's not at all about impressing but bringing back that feeling of safety, celebration, comfort, and love in a way that only some of the most simple things can do. 

    I don't want to remodel my house every week in the name of sharing. I don't want to plant foods I don't want to eat just to show others that I did. I want to share real true honest things. I want you, the reader to feel like a friend who stops over for coffee and we share whats going on in life, what projects we are working on, whats going wrong, and more. I called this blog Such a Lively Life because it is supposed to be about all those little moments that make up a life. The little moments that would be easy to over look but when you look back at the end of it all you realize were everything. The name signifies the end. I want to say we did the things, we were spirited, we were enthusiastic, there was an energy to our lives and our time spent here. 

Comments

Popular Posts