Summer Time

Summer has a special place in my heart. It is not my favorite season but it is a season of slowing down and reconnecting as a family. The kids actives tend to become more relaxed so this means they are home more often in the evening and school is over for the year so they are home during the day. This is my first year having off in the summer which leaves me time to spend with these kiddos. I always try to instill some sort of routine into the summer break but the kids revolt so we have more set of loose guidelines that layout our day. Our day goes a little like this:
Wake up
Eat breakfast
Relax a bit in the morning
Get dressed, bush teeth, etc
Chores
Lunch
Rest
Outside time in the afternoon
Dinner

I do have to work from home mornings building my Doterra business and working on my Masters degree. The kids use the morning down time to read, watch TV, play games together things like that. The afternoon is more of our family time we like to run through the sprinklers, cook in the kitchen together, craft inside together.
We have dinner together as a family and then head off to our activities if it is an activity night. I usually use the time that they are occupied to go to the gym and/or work on my course work some more. 

What does your summer routine look like? Are you super scheduled or flying by the seat or your pants?

Comments

Popular Posts