Garden Plans

3/16/19 
My Favorite Seed Catalog
Written in January but published in March

It's the middle of winter and I am  dreaming about spring and gardening. I am not so patiently awaiting the seed catalogs so I can plan what I will plant this year. I am also torn on what to do as far as garden beds this year. I think that I would like to do raised bed but with our clay soil I worry about them drying out in the heat of the summer. No matter what type of beds we go with one things is for sure that single little bed that we had this past summer is definitely not enough to feed us all.

I have ordered seed catalogs but in our new home I am not sure where we can start all these seedlings. Our back room is definitely bright enough but spend a lot of time in there and I worry that the kids and dogs will destroy the seedlings in there. We have a ton of room in the basement but that would mean purchasing grow lights and I am not sure that is in the budget this year. Maybe I need to just give in and buy plants from the local nursery again this year. Gosh there is an awful lot of hemming and hawing going on here! What I need to do is sit down and get a plan together and start working rather than thinking things over and over again. Procrastination at it's finest out of fear of making the wrong choice.

To get things moving I have put a picture of a beautiful garden from a magazine on my vision board. I have also done some seed viability from our 4 year old seeds to see which will still germinate. This will help off set the cost for the garden this year by using what we already have. I still have all the planting supplies from the last time we started seeds too. I guess the back room is our best option so we will attempt that and see how much the dogs and kids to try interfere. We are not home most days during the week so in is only a few hours here and there that I would have to worry and it is only for almost 2 months.

Comments

Popular Posts