Crockpot Broth Recipe

I know I shared a home made broth post before using the stove top but for the life of me I can't find in right now and my family is waiting on me. I will find it later on and add it to this post so it is easy to find. However, I just shred over on my Instagram page how I am making my broth this year in the crock pot. The crock pot has been my go to for the past year as I try to maintain working a full time job and multiple part time ones while starting my own business. The kids need good home cooked dinners and I need all the help I can get.

Just getting Started


This year we shared a wonderful Thanksgiving at my mom's house with some of our extended family. No one wanted the turkey carcass except for me so I was the lucky one who got to bring it home. I find that it is super easy to make broth after holidays because all the ingredients are usually either used for the meal prep or left over and ready to go. Crudités are a holiday appetizer staples and are great for scoring left over carrots and other vegetables for flavoring your broth.  Onions and celery are the other two that I throw into the pot with the bones along with a tablespoon of vinegar. I cover it all with water and them turn the crock pot on low for 24 hours. After 24 hours I strain the bones and vegetable from the broth and store is mason jars for immediate use or in containers to freeze for later use.

12 hours later...getting there. 


Crockpot Broth

1 turkey carcass
1 handful of rough chopped carrots
1 onion quartered
1 tablespoon of vinegar 
1 handful of rough chopped celery
Salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in the crockpot
Cover with water
Cook on low for 24 hours
Strain and ladle into jars or containers

This broth will make a base for soups and gravies. It is also fabulous to drink right from a cup. 

Comments

Popular Posts