Finding Balance

Wow! I blank page staring back at me is very intimidating!

While I like to think that I can control everything, I have come to learn that I cannot control life. Life however has the ability to control me. I have spent the better part of a year trying to figure out how to work full time while balancing the demands of family and my need to grow food and live life as simply as possible. I have left behind my little writing space here for far too long but never seem to much to offer worth sharing or reading. Here I am anyway attempting to find balance and get back to the writing and photography that makes me happy. What has happened over the year? Well for anyone who still stops by to read here is an update.

The garden has been planted and is doing well. The plants were store bought this year as there was no time to start from seeds and no where to put all the trays as our sun porch has been turned from part time use to everyday use for our growing family. It may not be the perfect homesteady way to make things grow but perfection cannot stop progress we always have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.


Just like that garden the children seem to keep growing. We are on the verge of adolescence and potty training at the same time. Two different children of course! Ha! Send reinforcements and a stiff drink, please. The poor middle child is struggling with independence but it is a skill he will learn in time, bless his heart. He tries so hard.


There are dogs two of them, now. It's almost like I have 5 children. 5 loud, dirty and always hungry children. We love them even if their shedding and muddy footprints makes me sweep, mop and vacuum daily (though more often than not I get to it every other day).



There is work full time outside the home. Enjoyable as it may be I still always crave to be here with my family. I miss being in control of everything as the husband and I now split the housework and childcare more than we ever have before but we seem to have found a way to make it work. Again its not perfect. We eat more take out and prepared foods but still make majority of our food from scratch if we stay on top of meal planning that is.


Now, more than ever husband and I are a team. We have been working together on raising kids, maintaining a house, yard work, meal planning, cooking, and being married.

Over the last year I have learned that things don't always have to be done the way I envision in my head or get done perfectly. Life is messy and unpredictable and that is the beauty of it.

Comments

Popular Posts