Early Mornings







Little Squirt has been gradually waking up earlier and now her routine is to wake up in the 6 o'clock hour.  I am not going to lie, the change in routine has been difficult for me. I love mornings but I have a hard time getting up early as my body tends to really function best between the hours of 9 pm and midnight. As a result of getting up early I have been forcing myself to bed earlier and earlier which cuts down on the amount I can get done at night but I have been enjoying the mornings more now that I am more alert and less grouchy. I am not convince that I will ever be a true morning person just more tolerant of them for the time being, especially when the little one who wakes you up feeds you smile after smile. The good thing about a baby who wakes early is that she also naps early which has given me a chance to accomplish somethings before the day gets away from me or I get too tired. Writing has been one of the things that I am gradually working back into the routine which is calming for me and sets me into a rhythm for the day. My oldest works on her own breakfast enjoying the time with me in the kitchen before my little guy wakes up and causes the general chaos that is in a word, boy. He and I have started to read Tom Sawyer together in attempt to show him that his behavior is very common among characters in books and that even though it may feel like he is always getting the stern look or reminder to use his manners, he is in fact a good boy who rises to the occasion when needed. It is hard work raising a boy, heck it is hard work raising any child, especially when it's early in the morning.


Comments

Popular Posts