The Busy Time




There's a line in a song that says, "If you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans". This quote always makes me think, but it has never seemed truer than right now. There is so much going on around here that I am having a hard time keeping up with it all and every time I think I have things figured out life throws me another curve ball. Summer is in full effect and what started out as a trickle of harvest here and there, has turned into massive amounts of produce. All winter long I have been dreaming of these days when the veggies would be ready. I have bookmarked, highlighted and dogeared tons of recipes for dinners and for canning. Now I find myself frantically flipping through the pages of recipe books and canning books or magazines then racing to the store for that one last thing that I forgot. There are pounds of food in my fridge and on my counter frequently reminding me of what will be wasted if I do not keep up. It also does not help that my 4 year old little guy has picked this time to start pushing boundaries and misbehaving while his older sister is in some sort of 8 year old emotional meltdown every couple days. The laundry pile grows at an alarming rate only to be out done by the number of dishes I find myself buried in all the time. Ahhh, the dog days of summer and the count down to winter.   I have to remind myself to take a minute to hug a child, jump in the pool or kick up my feet and drink the fresh squeezed lemonade my girl made for me. Even if my tasks cannot always be put off until tomorrow they can wait a minute here and there for me to stop and remember why I do all of this. How are you handling this busy time of the year?

Comments

Popular Posts