Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup- A Super Soup

    I accidentally made a wonderful soup last weekend. I found a recipe and then modified it as I usually do so I figure I should write it down if I have any hope of making it again. While I am at it sharing seems appropriate. 


 


Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup

Sausage tube (ex. Jimmy Dean).

1/2 onion diced

3 cloves of garlic minced

4 cups chicken broth

28 oz diced tomatoes

1 cup half and half

2 cups tortellini

2 cups spinach 

Salt and pepper to taste


Brown sausage and drain. Set aside

Sauté diced onion in tsp of olive oil.

Add garlic once onion is transparent.

Deglaze with crushed tomatoes and cook until slightly softened. 

Add broth and bring to boil.

Stir in tortellini and cook til soft. 

Reduce heat to simmer. 

Add half and half and simmer for 5 minutes. 

Stir in spinach and cook for 5 more minutes. 

Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy! 




Comments

Popular Posts