Sunday Share 7/17/22 Frugal Produce, Pest Control, & Down to Earth Returns

     It has been weeks since I've done a Sunday share because well, life. We took some time away for a long weekend as a family. Then we had family in town visiting and as I type this I am prepping for another long distance trip. By the time I am actually publishing this we are back from our trip, time has been getting away from me. 

    This week's share covers a variety of topics. I had to go food shopping the other day and get some staples like fresh produce and snacks that the kids like to have on hand. All of the price have gone up over the last year, I am sure they have where you are as well. I feel like every item I picked up was priced at $4 at Aldi. I have been meal planning, sale shopping, and stocking up for years but even for me these price are hitting home. For those who have not used these skill before I am sure it is unnerving to watch the food bill climb higher each week. Another blogger I enjoy following just shared her best tips for frugal produce shopping and even included a few recipes. I found it worth sharing. 

Frugal Produce

    Another way to reduce your produce bill is to grow as much of what you eat yourself. Which sounds great until pests threaten your whole garden. Here is an article that outline the most common pests and what works to help get rid of them and save your garden so that you can eat the harvest rather than the bugs getting it all. 

Organic Pest Control

    The last article for the week is once again by one of my favorite bloggers and the first I ever read consistently. She recently lost her husband and has returned to writing and sharing home routines. One of her most recent posts shows how she is reentering her writing space after loss and settling into a new rhythm. 

Down to Earth

    Life is in a bit of a strange place recently. I am not sure what the coming weeks will bring so I will try to keep a head to share things with you here. I am so glad that you stop by and read. Have a great week! 

Comments

Popular Posts