Easter Prep




Easter weekend is fast approaching and while we are not overly religious there is much spirituality in our home. (This is something that I think about often but we have not been able to find our path at this time for how we can practice religion.) The chance to come together and celebrate is always welcome and Easter is a day near and dear to my heart. When my husband and I were dating he took me to meet his family at Easter dinner and ever since then I have enjoyed the ride to his mother’s home in the country. I love sitting down for a meal and being surrounded by flowers and the other signs of spring, This year is our 14th Easter together and each year the celebration changes slightly as the children grow. We do have some traditions and I will share them with you, 


Baskets

The kids each get a basket with candy and other fun items. I try to get them some outdoor items to start off the outdoor season and replace the lost/broken/outgrown items from years passed. I love adding chalk, bubbles, and jump ropes. The candy is their favorites and I try not to skimp or over take their choices. The usual suspects include the Reeses egg, Cadbury eggs, and peeps. Nothing good, healthy or wholesome about those choices but it is what it is. I love getting some locally made chocolates for the husband and myself. We have a really good local confectioner who makes the best coconut cream eggs but I am behind the ball this year and might come up empty handed. 



Eggs


It is not Easter if we don’t boil and dye eggs. Baby girl loves eating boiled eggs and I love homemade egg salad so once we are done looking at the colors we then eat them all up. HuntingSpeaking of eggs what is easter without and egg hunts? For this we usually go to my moms house. Grandma does the best egg hunts with the best prizes. The kids find eggs filled with candy, stickers, and even money!







Decor

I again am behind the ball on decor this year. We had a trip the week before Easter so I didn’t put up any decor this year. I usually place little bunnies and birds and flowers around the house. It looks like this year decor will be whatever seedling have survived while we were gone and the snowmen still left up from last season. I will be sure to diffuse my new Doterra citrus bloom oil because it smells like spring in a bottle, that should be enough to set the tone, I hope. 








Time

I am really just looking forward for the excuse to gather together and make memories. Like many things in life this holiday will not be perfect as noted above. We do however have the chance to share a meal and some festivities with our family and that is what it is all really about anyway. So I will cherish what ever happens and at some point I am sure I will reminisce about the Easter we celebrated 13 years ago that lead to the one we share this year. 




Shared on the Homestead Blog Hop
Please comment, like or share. Let's get to know each other!

Comments

Popular Posts