Kitchen Dance Parties



I know I have mentioned our kitchen dance parties on here before but last night we had an epic kitchen dance party to 90's pop music. There is something really wonderful about putting on some catchy tune (Ace of Base is a good one) and dancing your heart out. Even my older kids, who like to think that they are too cool, will venture in and take part eventually. My middle guy will will usually bust out some karate moves to the beat of the music. My oldest will do some beautifully choreographed mashed up cheer/gymnastics combo. My youngest, well she just makes up her own moves. She been known to bust out some.. disco? I don't know where she got that from but man, is it cute. Even the dogs jump in! They run around us and eventually when offered will get up on there hind legs while we hold their front paws briefly. Good times all around. It really helps to get everyone to decompress after a long day or tough week. We all laugh at each other and ourselves. Kitchens are for so much more than cooking and meal prep. Next time you in a rut try turning on some music and busting so really awkward moves (well if your anything like me) and see how fun it can be.

Comments

Popular Posts